What is Pomerium?
Pomerium is an identity-aware proxy that enables secure access to internal applications. Pomerium provides a standardized interface to add access control to applications regardless of whether the application itself has authorization or authentication baked-in. Pomerium gateways both internal and external requests, and can be used in situations where you'd typically reach for a VPN.
What does Pomerium do?
Pomerium can be used to:
- authenticate: provide a single-sign-on and verifiable user identity to internal applications.
- authorize: enforce dynamic access policy based on context, identity, and device identity.
- audit: aggregate access logs and telemetry data.
- perform delegated user authorization for service-based authorization systems
- add unified access and identity to custom, on-prem, and hosted apps and services
- serve as a VPN alternative.
Demo of Pomerium
Still feel too abstract? Hate text? Check out a two minute explainer demo of Pomerium.