Senior QA / Test Engineer
About the Role
You will help design, prototype, and implement core features while ensuring the scalability and stability of Pomerium. Being a young project, Pomerium’s development area is broad and deep. We’re working to develop everything from cryptography, hardware-based device attestation, to a plugin system to allow seamless community contributions.
- Design, build and apply testing frameworks to power automation tests that verify the product and also support test automation for new and existing features of the Pomerium product.
- Collaborate closely with the Product and Engineering teams to develop technical and domain expertise, and apply it to tackle testing challenges across teams.
- Help quantify quality improvements in the delivered software
- Embrace, improve, and advocate for our vision for the quality of our products
- Work with the engineering and support teams to reproduce complex scenarios reported by customers, and enable engineers to write regression tests to fix and prevent them
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of Pomerium customers and the broader community
You may be a good fit for our team if some of the following apply:
- Go (Golang) programming experience and strong in object-oriented design and coding skills
- You have knowledge of public cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Experience testing APIs, both manually and programmatically.
- Experience with version control and CI/CD tools like GitHub Actions, Jenkins, CircleCI etc.
- Experience in developing and maintaining automated tests and frameworks using open source tools and technologies.
- Managing test infrastructure and strategy.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical limitations and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience building test infrastructure, testing tools, and robust automation
- Experience designing, testing, delivering, and monitoring scalable/high-availability software in a cloud computing environment
What is our hiring process like?
The below serves as a basic outline; we may choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
- Introductory call.
- First Interview with an Engineering Manager
- Interview Loop with additional team members, with the following panel:
- Technical Code Pairing interview
- Code Review interview
- Communication and Collaboration interview
- A final conversation with the manager for the team you would be joining
Apply by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and telling us a bit more about yourself!
- Tell us about what attracts you to this role and Pomerium
- Tell us about an solution you’ve built that you’re proud of and why
- Tell us about your favorite technology to work with and why